All the power. None of the pain of FTP client software
FTP client software is a pain. Really. So you may want to consider online FTP alternative Huddle.
Maybe you need to transfer large files to your web hosting account or to another remote server. Or something on your blog or website goes astray and you need to log in via FTP to delete something like a corrupt plug-in.
However, in order to do this, you need your chosen FTP client software installed on your laptop, desktop, iPad or other device of choice. However, when you’re on the road, at school, or using a friend’s computer, a desktop FTP client may not be available, so you’re out of luck. Additionally, FTP client software can be notoriously slow, requiring installation and configuration. Start delving into the world of FTP clients and you can quickly get up to your neck in deep tech. Web proxy settings, control settings, parameters—do you really want to go there? FTP also does not allow people to centralize content, communication and deadlines in one place. It’s just a somewhat outdated file transfer or deletion mechanism.
There’s a better alternative: online FTP with Huddle. With Huddle there’s no client software to install because online FTP is built in and available from anywhere via the cloud. With Huddle, not only can you send files of any size to remote sites in just a few clicks, but you can also log in to delete something that’s causing you trouble.
Enterprises agree: 87 per cent say Huddle is easy to use (including its online FTP) and user adoption is high.1 There are many reasons to adopt Huddle, including:
Ease of use: Easy on end users and IT alike
- Most FTP client software is difficult to use and requires IT involvement. Not so with Huddle
- People start using Huddle without training in less than one day and online FTP is a matter of clicking the “Upload” button. There’s no need for IT involvementand no software to install, configure or reconfigure.
Centralized content collaboration
- Everyone can communicate and make faster, more informed decisions
- FTP was never designed with collaboration in mind. It was designed as a way to transfer or delete content over the Internet. Huddle, on the other hand, provides a centralized hub where content, communications, tasks and deadlines are all in one place
- You have full visibility into who is editing and approving documents and more effective collaboration for faster, more informed decision-making with partners, suppliers and customers
- Everyone is on the same page regardless of location. They have access to the same information, content,and documents and can save hours by not having to track each other down to get the latest update. Also, having content in one central location ensures that workers inside and outside of the organization do not duplicate efforts
Accessible at any time, from anywhere
- Huddle provides workers with a central location to view files and conversations and streamline approval,task and project management workflows. Best of all, Huddle is accessible at any time, from anywhere, on any Internet-connected device for online FTP
- On vacation? At school? Away from your own computer with client FTP software installed? There’s no need to worry as online FTP is an integral part of Huddle. No FTP client software is required
- Huddle lets you quickly and easily upload multiple files into your workspaces with Huddle’s simple interface and intuitive online FTP capabilities. Store and share any size and type of file (Office docs, PDF, images, video and more)
99.9% uptime reliability
- Huddle’s cloud content collaboration platform has very high availability (99.9% or greater uptime to any Internet connected device), so there’s no need to worry about glitches or timeouts when you are sending large files
Security? Rest assured
- Huddle’s extremely high security is supported by 256-bit SSL and real-time mirrored backups
- Huddle is in the cloud so everyone involved in project collaboration can securely store, take advantage of online FTP and collaborate
- Huddle encrypts all data exchanged with the server to industry-standard levels as well as authenticating the server itself to the user for secure online FTP file transfer