Last Updated: January 3rd, 2013
Ninian Solutions Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our sites and services to understand how your personal information is used.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ninian Solutions Limited of 1st Floor, Trans-World House, 100 City Road, London EC1Y 2BP.
Information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our sites www.huddle.com and my.huddle.net (which you may be accessing using a custom domain name e.g. myaccount.huddle.net), (“our sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites or subscribing to our services, including contact details such as name, email address and phone number.
- Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on our sites using VeCapture by VeInteractive, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction/quote by clicking “submit”. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your transaction. If you have any questions about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by our approved third parties.
- If you contact us for customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information we receive from third party search engines such as but not limited to Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing and MSN) relating to your search activity.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
- To provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features and to provide you with customer and technical support.
- To contact you with any service-related announcements from time to time.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information concerning our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you by email unless you have opted-out of receiving this information (see below for more details).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with advertisements concerning our products and services through our Third Party Partners Programme (see below for more details).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Also, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer when you browse our sites. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
You may refuse to accept our cookie by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, this may adversely affect your user experience of our site.
Third Party Partners Programme
When you visit our site, we place a cookie file on your hard drive of your computer so that our advertising partners are able to recognise you when you visit their websites. We do this so that our advertising partners are able to show you advertisements relating to our products and services when you visit their website.
- Adjusting your browser setting to refuse the setting of cookies or by clearing your cookies. Please refer to you computer or browser manual on how to do this.
- Our system will issue cookies when you visit our site again.
Marketing communications and opting-out
We will provide you with information concerning our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you by email unless you have opted-out of receiving this information.
You may at anytime opt-out of receiving this information by clicking on the opt-out link in the footer of a marketing email you have received or by sending us an email at email@example.com.
How you can change or remove information
You may change or remove your profile information displayed through our site at any time by going to your profile and editing your information. However, if you want to change the personal information we hold about you in our systems, you will need email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you deactivate an account, you will not be able to use our sites or services and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our sites. However, even after you deactivate your account, copies of your information including but not limited to name and email address may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.